6.1 The Supplier must be able to respond quickly and effectively in the event of a quality-related problem or emergency such as a natural disaster or accident.
6.2 The Supplier must appropriately handle personal information and confidential information.
6.3 The Supplier must appropriately manage intellectual property, including confidential information and know-how.
7. Commitment to Compliance
7.1 The Supplier must comply fully with the letter and spirit of all relevant laws and regulations, including the antitrust law and subcontractor law, and is expected to observe social norms and corporate ethics. The Supplier must also maintain a fully functioning system for the prevention and early detection of illegal behavior.
8. Consideration for Labor, Safety, and Human Rights
8.1 The Supplier must act in compliance with laws, regulations, and social norms related to occupational health and safety, working conditions, and human rights, and must engage in initiatives for addressing these issues. Specific requirements include:
• Eliminating all discriminatory practices based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, place of birth, nationality, physical and mental disability, academic background, social status, sexual preference, sexual identity, and other factors, and striving to provide equal opportunities and fair treatment;
• Attending to the health and safety of employees and implementing the necessary measures;
• Properly managing working hours and avoiding forcing work against the will of the employee;
• Respecting employees’ right to organize and allowing collective bargaining and labor-management consultations;
• Protecting the rights of workers, complying with minimum wage requirements, and giving due consideration to providing a living wage; and
• Prohibiting child labor and forced labor and preventing illegal labor practices.
9. Environmental Protection
9.1 The Supplier is required to implement sufficient measures to avoid harming the global environment, pay due consideration to environmental issues, and reduce its environmental impact. The Supplier is also expected to implement initiatives in line with the Company’s Green Purchasing Guidelines.
10. Consideration for Local Communities
10.1 The Supplier is required to work with its business partners to protect the environment, respect human rights, and ensure the safety and security of local communities..
10.2 The Supplier is encouraged to actively engage in activities that contribute to the development of local communities toward the betterment of society.
11. Supply Chain Management
11.1 In addition to observing the guidelines, the Supplier is expected to encourage its business partners to implement the initiatives set forth therein.
12. Prohibition of Involvement with Conflict Minerals
12.1 As a precondition to any business transaction, products supplied by the Supplier must not contain conflict minerals (gold ore, coltan, wolframite, and cassiterite) produced to fund militant groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and its neighboring countries and regions.
Green purchasing is the practice of giving preference to businesses that have less of an environmental impact when purchasing items and services.
■Policy on green purchasing
Tokyo Gas has systematically practiced green purchasing since fiscal 1996, and established the Green Purchasing Guidelines in 2000.
We not only ask that consideration be given toward the environment in our Guidelines for Purchasing, but demand that specifications are in line with our basic purchasing policies addressed in our Green Purchasing Promotion Guidebook.
We are also involved in various other measures to promote green purchasing.
■Green Purchasing Guidelines
The Tokyo Gas Group will promote Green Purchasing in accordance with these guidelines and by adopting the perspective of environmental friendliness, in addition to common criteria such as cost, quality, and terms of delivery, when procuring and purchasing construction works and services as well as materials, manufactured goods, and components (hereafter “goods and services”).