Our transactions and relations with suppliers are governed by Tokyo Gas Group Our Code of Conduct, which defines the values and guidelines shared by all members of the Tokyo Gas Group, and we seek to ensure that the Code is thoroughly understood and observed. Furthermore, we have stipulated a code of conduct for purchasing activities in our Principles and Standards of purchasing practice, and we strive to establish relationships of trust based on highly transparent, fair and equitable transactions with our partners.
To enhance customer trust, it is essential that not only the Tokyo Gas Group but also its suppliers practice compliance, preserve the environment, ensure occupational safety, respect human rights, and show concern for local communities. We request suppliers to adhere to our Purchasing Guidelines for Suppliers and Green Purchasing Promotion Guidebook. Each time we place an order for construction and other work, we notify suppliers of our Specifications for Common Environmental Management and seek their adherence to requirements such as legal compliance, reduced environmental impact and consideration for occupational safety and health.
●Procurement Policies (Revised in Fiscal 2017)
- Principles and Standards of purchasing practice: code of conduct governing the purchasing activities of Tokyo Gas
- Purchasing Guidelines for Suppliers: requirements for doing business, including quality, legal compliance, labor, safety and human rights, environment, and local communities
- Green Purchasing Promotion Guidebook: environmental aspects of procurement that require consideration
Principles and Standards of Purchasing Practice
To realize its Corporate Action Philosophy, Tokyo Gas established Principles and Standards of Purchasing Practice comprising the following points as a code of conduct for its purchasing activities. In fiscal 2017, we revised the Principles and Standards to promote procurement that pays even greater consideration for CSR.
●Principles and Standards of purchasing practice
Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd. (“the Company”) strives to practice its Corporate Action Philosophy by adhering to the following Principles and Standards of Purchasing Practice, which serves as the code of conduct governing purchasing activities.
- The Company will procure goods and services, both domestically and internationally, that meet the Company’s standards for quality, safety, and cost, through procedures that are simple and easily understood.
2. Fairness and Equality
- The Company will select its suppliers in a fair and equitable manner on the basis of economic rationality, with due consideration to quality, price, reliability, guaranteed delivery, after-sales service, suitability with existing facilities, technological ability, financial health, and CSR stance.
- The Company is fully committed to complying with the laws and regulations prohibiting bribery, corruption, misappropriation, antitrust, and other illegal behavior.
3. Mutual Trust
- The Company will establish relationships of trust with its suppliers based on fair and equitable transactions and strive to maintain and enhance the safety, security, and reliability of its brand through mutual prosperity and cooperation. Indispensable to providing stable energy is the stable supply of quality goods and services from suppliers at fair prices and within the designated delivery periods, all based on mutual trust.
4. Commitment to Compliance
- The Company and its suppliers must fully comply with the letter and spirit of all relevant laws and regulations, social norms, and corporate ethics when conducting business transactions.
5. Environmental Protection
- The Company will work with its suppliers to protect the natural environment toward realizing a resource-saving society by adopting the perspective of environmental friendliness in addition to economic considerations.
- The Company will promote Green Purchasing in accordance with its Green Purchasing Promotion Guidebook and also to follow through with its Environmental Policies.
6. Occupational Safety and Respect for Human Rights
7. Consideration for Local Communities
- The Company will work with its suppliers to ensure occupational safety and respect for human rights.
- The Company will work with its suppliers to preserve the environment and ensure respect for human rights in local communities, while also striving to ensure their safety and security.
- The Company will actively engage in activities that contribute to the development of local communities toward the betterment of society.